The Income Statement: Accounting and Reporting
Field of Study:
This course addresses income statement accounting and reporting. It discusses a variety of accounting issues surrounding income statement items and related information; the format of the income statement, major income statement categories, unusual and nonrecurring items, discontinued operations, research and development costs, deferred compensation arrangements, share-based payment, compensation expense arising under a stock option plan, insurance costs, and earnings per share (EPS) calculation.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify the differences between a single-step income statement and a multiple-step income statement.
- Recognize key items of the income statements and how they should be reported.
- Determine the requirements for unusual or infrequent income.
- Recognize requirements when reporting discontinued operations.
- Compute earnings per share in a simple and complex capital structures.
- Recognize the ASC 220 requirements for comprehensive income.
Basic to Intermediate
Type of delivery method:
Recommended CPE credits:
Final examination expiration date:
The program participant will have one year from the date of purchase to complete the course and final examination.
Web CPE is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org