Balance Sheet - Reporting Liabilities
Field of Study:
This course discusses the accounting, reporting, and disclosures associated with liabilities on the balance sheet.
It includes items covered in ASC 210-10-45-5 through 45-12, Balance Sheet: Overall and 470-10, Debt: Overall.
Topics include loss contingencies, compensated absences, termination benefits, troubled debt restructuring,
refinancing of current to noncurrent debt, callable obligations by creditors, issuance of bonds, calling debt,
imputing interest on noninterest notes payable, environmental liabilities, and offsetting of liabilities.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify classification and characteristics of current and long-term liabilities.
- Apply the appropriate rule to account for different types of contingencies.
- Recognize rules for the troubled debt, impairment of loans, and restructuring of debt.
- Recognize the accounting valuation for bonds at date of issuance.
- Identify the methods of bond discount and premium amortization.
- Recognize the accounting procedures for long-term notes payable.
Type of delivery method:
Recommended CPE credits:
Final examination expiration date:
The program participant will have one year from the date of purchase to complete the course and final examination.
Web CPE is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org