Accountant's Documentation for Risk Management
Field of Study:
Risk management for accounting professionals begins with accepting engagements with clients and does not end until the date on
which record retention requirements expire. Along the way, practitioners may encounter special cases in which documentation of
accounting information becomes more complex. This course will address many of those special cases and provide potential
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
• List the key points to cover in welcome letters to which clients agree before an engagement begins;
• Recognize proper terminology about assurances and responsibilities of parties in compilation, review, and audit engagements;
• Identify types of specialized engagement letters that offer the best defensive terms in unusual or high-risk engagements;
• Recognize common pitfalls in the conduct of engagements with individual clients as well as business clients requesting compilation,
review, audit, attestation, and litigation support services;
• Identify the types of regulatory and standards-setting bodies that impose record retention provisions for accounting.
Type of delivery method:
Recommended CPE credits:
Final examination expiration date:
The program participant will have one year from the date of purchase to complete the course and final examination.
To register go to https://www.webcpe.net/registration1.php to establish your user ID.
Go to https://www.webcpe.net/policies.php to see our refund/cancellation policy.
Complaint resolution policy:
Go to https://www.webcpe.net/policies.php to see our complaint resolution policy.
Web CPE is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org