Goodwill Impairment Testing
Field of Study:
This course provides an overview of goodwill impairment testing. The accounting and reporting requirements related to goodwill are prescribed by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) in ASC Topic 350-20. This course focuses on topics such as the initial recognition of goodwill and subsequent measurement requirements including the accounting alternative allowed for certain eligible entities. This course also addresses the disclosure requirements for goodwill and is current through the issuance of ASU 2019-06.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify the recognition requirements related to goodwill.
- Recognize overall characteristics of goodwill impairment testing.
- Differentiate between the qualitative and quantitative test of goodwill impairment.
- Identify key characteristics of the accounting alternative for goodwill.
- List the key disclosure requirements for goodwill and goodwill impairment losses.
Type of delivery method:
Recommended CPE credits:
Final examination expiration date:
The program participant will have one year from the date of purchase to complete the course and final examination.
Web CPE is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org