Ethics for Mississippi CPAs
Field of Study:
This is an ethics course for Mississippi CPAs covering standards of professional conduct and business practices
adhered to by accountants such as CPAs in order to enhance their profession and maximize idealism, justice and
fairness when dealing with the public, clients and other members of their profession. It also presents an
approach -- the threats and safeguards approach –to coping with ethical dilemmas. Also included are some cases
of AICPA ethics violations.
Chapter 3 covers Mississippi Licensing Rules and Regulations.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize ethical reasoning used by accountants.
- Identify different principles and rules of the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
- Identify independence and objectivity issues.
- Recognize ethical standards and violations.
- Recognize Mississippi Rules and Regulations of the Accountancy Board, including accounting standards and rules of conduct, requirements for certificates, continuing education and compliance assurance program.
Type of delivery method:
Recommended CPE credits in Regulatory Ethics:
Final examination expiration date:
The program participant will have one year from the date of purchase to complete the course and final examination.
Web CPE is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org