Ethics for New Mexico CPAs
Field of Study:
This is a New Mexico ethics course covering standards of professional conduct and business practices
adhered to by accountants such as CPAs in order to enhance their profession and maximize idealism,
justice and fairness when dealing with the public, clients and other members of their profession.
It also presents an approach --the threats and safeguards approach –to coping with ethical dilemmas.
The Sarbanes-Oxley Act and its impact on business ethics, new internal control requirements, and the
CPA’s responsibilities are summarized. Also included are some cases of AICPA ethics violations.
- Recognize ethical reasoning used by accountants.
- Identify different principles and rules of the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
- Identify independence and objectivity issues.
- Recognize ethical standards and violations.
- Identify the key issues of corporate responsibility law (Sarbanes-Oxley act) that influence auditor independence.
- Identify licensing and disciplinary mechanisms within the profession.
- Identify the ethical standards required of accountants and financial professionals by the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA).
Type of delivery method:
Recommended CPE credits in Regulatory Ethics:
Final examination expiration date:
The program participant will have one year from the date of purchase to complete the course and final examination.
To register go to https://www.webcpe.net/registration-new1.php to establish your user ID.
Go to https://www.webcpe.net/policies.php to see our refund/cancellation policy.
Complaint resolution policy:
Go to https://www.webcpe.net/policies.php to see our complaint resolution policy.
Web CPE is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.