Ethics Training for Texas CPAs
Field of Study:
This is an ethics course for Texas CPAs covering standards of professional conduct and business practices adhered to in order to enhance their profession and maximize idealism, justice and fairness when dealing with the public, clients, and other members of their profession. It provides a background on ethical principles and values, ethical codes and requirements included in the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct, and a focus on the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Rules of Professional Conduct. The rules will be supplemented with case studies. The intention is to provide you with precise text from the Board, along with supplemental information to help understand real-life situations or nuances.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Recognize ethical reasoning used by accountants.
- Identify the different principles and rules of the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
- Identify independence and objectivity issues.
- Recognize ethics standards and violations.
- Recognize the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Identify licensing and disciplinary mechanisms for Texas CPAs.
Type of delivery method:
Recommended CPE credits:
Final examination expiration date:
The program participant will have one year from the date of purchase to complete the course and final examination.
Web CPE is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org