Personal Financial Planning for Accountants
Field of Study:
Management Advisory Services
A comprehensive course on personal finance. What is more important to the "average person” than personal financial planning
and money management? This course teaches you all the major areas in personal financial planning—planning your personal
finances, managing your personal finances, making your purchase decisions, insuring your resources, investing tour financial
resources, and controlling your financial future. Topics covered include time value calculations, budgeting, career planning,
banking, Insurance, home buying, consumer credits and money management, investment planning, retirement planning, and estate planning.
Program content and Learning objectives:
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Define the personal financial planning process.
- Explain the affects of time-value of money on financial decisions.
- Determine the net worth of a person
- Identify the importance of career planning and its effects on financial success.
- Identify ways to finance college education.
- Evaluate risks in making investment decisions.
- Apply debt management strategies.
- List the steps to take manage cost of living.
- Identify life and health insurance policies you need.
- Identify investment strategies and sources of investment money.
- List investment options and differentiate between them.
- Outline the steps to be taken for retirement planning.
- State the objectives of estate planning.
Amount of recommended CPE credit:
Final examination expiration date:
The program participant will have one year from the date of purchase to complete the course and final examination.