REAL ESTATE FINANCING AND INVESTMENT
Field of Study:
Specialized Knowledge and Applications
This course covers both financing and investing in real estate. The first section deals with two major aspects of real estate financing: (1) financial instruments and (2) the means of financing. It examines the financial side of the lending process. The second section deals with investing in real estate. Topics include: the advantages and pitfalls of real estate investing, how to value an income-producing property, how to use leverage and increase return, and buying a home.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Recognize elements of the loan process.
- Identify transactions covered and disclosures required by the lending laws.
- Identify agencies involved in the mortgage market.
- Recognize the classification and uses of different mortgage types.
- Identify the benefits and disadvantages of buying vs. renting.
- Identify factors of the real estate purchase price and different loan types.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of real estate investing.
- Recognize the characteristics of REIT’s.
- Identify ways to calculate returns for real estate investment.
Type of delivery method:
Recommended CPE credits:
Final examination expiration date:
The program participant will have one year from the date of purchase to complete the course and final examination.
Web CPE is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org