Tax Treatment of Sickness and Injury Plans - 2018
Field of Study:
Tax Treatment of Sickness and Injury Plans is an online course that addresses the tax treatment
of plans designed to provide benefits upon the sickness or injury of a taxpayer. It examines the tax treatment of
contributions to, and benefits received under, health insurance, health savings accounts (HSAs), Archer medical
savings accounts (MSAs), health reimbursement arrangements (HRAs), disability insurance and long-term care insurance.
A final examination covering the course material is administered.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify the tax treatment of personal health insurance premiums and benefits;
- Compare the tax treatment of personal health insurance premiums paid by self-employed taxpayers and taxpayers who are not self-employed; and
- Apply the rules governing the tax treatment of employer-paid health insurance premiums and benefits.
- Identify the tax treatment given to -
- Archer Medical Savings Accounts,
- Health Savings Accounts, and
- Health Reimbursement Arrangements; and
- Calculate the contributions that may be made to –
- Archer Medical Savings Accounts, and
- Health Savings Accounts.
- Compare the tax treatment of premiums for and benefits paid under individually-paid and employer-paid disability income policies;
- Identify the tax treatment of premiums for and benefits paid under various business-related disability policies; and
- Apply the tax rules to long term care premiums and benefits.
General understanding of federal income taxation.
Type of Delivery Method:
Recommended CPE Credits:
Final examination expiration date:
The program participant will have one year from the date of purchase to complete the course and the final examination.
Refunds and Cancellations:
A full refund will be given if the customer submits a request by email within 15 days of purchasing the course by using the "Contact Us" link on the left side of the web page. We will appreciate if the customer provides a reason. However, no refund will be granted after the qualified assessment (Final Test) has been completed. Customers can submit their complaints or concerns by using the "Contact Us" link.
Web CPE is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org