Home Office Deduction - 2019
Field of Study:
Home Office Deduction examines the federal income tax deduction for business use of a home. It addresses the qualifications
for a home office deduction and the actual expense and simplified methods of determining the deduction. In addition, it
discusses the special home-office deduction rules applicable to daycare facilities and the recordkeeping requirements
applicable to taking a home office deduction. It considers where the deduction should be taken and the forms a tax preparer
should use in connection with the deduction.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply the home-office deduction qualification rules;
- Identify the types of home office use to which the exclusive use requirement does not apply;
- Describe the various types of taxpayer expenses that may be used to support a deduction for business use of a home;
- Apply the rules applicable to the simplified method of figuring the home-office deduction;
- Identify the tax forms on which a home-office deduction should be taken; and
- Recognize the recordkeeping requirements applicable to documents supporting a taxpayer’s home-office deduction.
General understanding of federal income taxation.
Type of Delivery Method:
QAS Self Study
Recommended CPE Credits:
Final examination expiration date:
The program participant will have one year from the date of purchase to complete the course and the final examination.
Web CPE is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org